Assist with daily operations of trading company including following POs, managing freight, and simple accounting, interface with customers on the phone and communicate clearly customer needs to our Project Managers in our China office.
- Learn on the fly, engage in project specific details and follow through with forwarding companies.
- Take customer calls, begin to grow simple relationships, schedule meetings between customers and China side project management.
- Follow through on specific jobs given to you, we are a small company and must be flexible in our positions. For example: shipping samples to the China office, performing general offices duties.
- Manage freight once it has been booked in our China office all the way through delivery.
- Customs clearance: Checking HTS codes, sending requested paperwork to freight forwarder as needed.
- Handle delivery details (delays, confirm delivery addresses and times etc) with customers and freight forwarder.
- Manage US distribution of Potwheelz and Hydit with our warehouse in Illinois and the customer.
- Maintain and update Production Schedules.
- Maintain and update Shipping logs including freight and samples.
- Enter Sales Orders, Purchase Orders and Customer/Vender Invoices into the accounting system and CFD as needed, open mail, process bank deposits, etc.
Highly detailed oriented. Basic computer ability: Excel/Access/Word necessary. Professional well written and spoken English. Self-motivated, you will have the opportunity to work from home 2-3 days a week after a few months of training. Basic understanding of importing business a plus.
Sourcing Allies is a family business owned by two brothers, Eric and Niclas Bengtson, in Sweden that currently specializes in metal and plastic components made in China/India and shipped to the customers door - all managed by us, our main business is done between the US office and our office in China that includes two native English speakers - one from the US. Communication and managing the flow of information is the key to our business.
QUALITY ASSURANCE: Although we only work with suppliers with exceptional quality systems, we never take anything for granted. Our quality engineers are always close to our suppliers and we make frequent quality audits on location.
SOLID SOURCING SOLUTIONS: Our employees are very experienced in transfer projects to Low-Cost Countries. Our project model includes careful analysis, production setup and ramp up, and process verification.
FOCUS ON CORE BUSINESS: We want to be the extended arms regarding Low-Cost Country Sourcing which is our core business. This enables customers to use their resources more effectively at the things they do best.